The objective of this consultancy/training is to help organisations better integrate communications in their operations while leveraging the new communication tools. Key areas include:
1. Drafting an effective communications policy that provides broader communications guidelines to staff.
- Communications as a policy tool;
- The communication command;
- mainstreaming communications in operations;
- communications structures/organization chart
2. Development of Communications Strategies that respond to both external and internal challenges and opportunities
- through effective identification of audiences,
- shaping of messages
- adoption of appropriate channels/tools and techniques as well as
- drafting event based communication plans.
3. Development of media relations and communications skills.
- Speech writing and press releases;
- Presentation skills;
- Managing interviews;
- responding to press queries;
- Management of Press holding lines;
- Crisis Management.
4. Communications skills are offered in conjunction with The Communications Centre, Washington DC, USA.